OCTOBER 2017 – EQUALITY IS NOT ALMOST ACQUIRED
Foster union commitment and activism of SEPB-Québec women while developing their leadership skills and greater understanding of all issues related to gender equality.
- Organize activities that are important to the condition of women, example: March 8th, International Women’s Day, etc;
- Organize women’s status information sessions and mobilization activities in collaboration with other SEPB-Québec committees;
- Act as support to SEPB-Québec locals in motions to improve women’s working conditions in areas such as the elaboration of contract clauses to negotiate that will help reconciliation of family and work responsibilities, implementation of pay equity, involvement in the fight to obtain pay equity laws at federal level;
- Create and maintain a status of women’s reference and documentation centre;
- Promote active participation of women at all levels of the SEPB-Québec union structure.